ForumsWEPRPaper,the innocent trees.global warming,the earth's too hot for people

87 14943
shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

Like my other topic,on plastic,
Paper,that comes from innocent trees
human,the destroyer and greedy race.
earth,the hot.

The decrease in trees is caused by deforestation,
results in the greenhouse effect,global warming.
many does not believe in global warming.
But,even when i was 10,i knew the importance of trees.
the importance of converting carbon dioxide to oxygen.

greenhouse effect DOES warm up the earth.

"Scientists have concluded that human activities are contributing to global warming by adding large amounts of heat-trapping gases to the atmosphere. Our fossil fuel use is the main source of these gases. Every time we drive a car, use electricity from coal-fired power plants, or heat our homes with oil or natural gas, we release carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping gases into the air. The second most important source of greenhouse gases is deforestation, mainly in the tropics, and other land-use changes."
credit:

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/science/global-warming-faq.html#1

Papers come from trees right?everybody knows that,but how long does a tree need to grow for a stack of foolscape?

• 87 Replies
shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

it's evident that the amount of Green house gases have increased,with the delvelopment of technology.
natural greenhouse gases helps to trap heat from sun rays,
with the increased amount of greenhouse gases released recently,
more greenhouse gases are trapping more heat from sun rays,before they are reflected out of the atmosphere.

the heat are reflected by the ice bergs,snow,etc at the poles,as the temperature have been increasing,the ice sheets are melting,thus lesser heat are reflected.

isn't this obvious that there's global warming?

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

@Venderman
Cfcs are destroying the ozone layers,much faster than a the rate of repairing it,so i do not agree that "it fixes itself,it always does"

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Everything is mostly killing our earth, it's hard to believe we use up so much fresh water and theirs only 3/97% and we use so much everyday!

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

@Flipski,

Fuel runs many things. For one, all buisnessess will be cut off from transportation and we will have to revert back to horses, not electric cars.

It could take a while until electric cars are of any real use. They are very expensive and quit inefficient at the moment.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, it was 90 degrees (Fahrenheit) in Los Angeles today, but it was hotter last year...

I'm not complaining...

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

how bout a solar powered car?
that's rather dumb,if a car were to rely solely on solar energy,imagine parking in a dark parking lot..
@Danstanta
it's hard to believe why people die every second too

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Drace even at the level of efficiency of electric cars right now, they are far more efficient than gasoline powered vehicles. We could implement electric vehicles right now if we wanted to, there are just no incentives from the government for companies, and government agencies to do so. Hopefully the government will created incentives after the election, and we will start implementing this better technology.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Another idea is fuel cell vehicles, but the problem with that is that creating the fuel cells would produce pollution and right now it's really expensive...

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

What we could do is not worry about cars having to drive to hydrogen stations to refuel the fuel cells, but have the cars themselves produce the hydrogen. Hydrogen is really easy to create from water. Just have a tank of water in your car, plug it in overnight, the car transforms the water into hydrogen, the you drive around during the day, creating water from the spent Hydrogen, and repeat the process at night. It would be like a Hydrogen battery.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

It seems good hypothetically, but I don't think it would be very efficient...

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

Yea, but how much hydrogen can you get from one jug to power a car efficiently? I agree with agent..

Showing 76-86 of 87