ForumsWEPRPaper,the innocent trees.global warming,the earth's too hot for people

87 14941
shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

Like my other topic,on plastic,
Paper,that comes from innocent trees
human,the destroyer and greedy race.
earth,the hot.

The decrease in trees is caused by deforestation,
results in the greenhouse effect,global warming.
many does not believe in global warming.
But,even when i was 10,i knew the importance of trees.
the importance of converting carbon dioxide to oxygen.

greenhouse effect DOES warm up the earth.

"Scientists have concluded that human activities are contributing to global warming by adding large amounts of heat-trapping gases to the atmosphere. Our fossil fuel use is the main source of these gases. Every time we drive a car, use electricity from coal-fired power plants, or heat our homes with oil or natural gas, we release carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping gases into the air. The second most important source of greenhouse gases is deforestation, mainly in the tropics, and other land-use changes."
credit:

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/science/global-warming-faq.html#1

Papers come from trees right?everybody knows that,but how long does a tree need to grow for a stack of foolscape?

• 87 Replies
eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

I just have to say this...its called common sense.

The trees that are used for making wooden materials (paper) are supplied by people who have tree nurseries. Not just random-ass forests in the middle of nowhere. Once you get into this buisness, instead of cutting down trees and sitting and waiting for more trees to magically grow, THEY PLANT MORE FREAKING TREES!!!! Its freaking common sense to plant more trees than you had originally!!! So these "deforestations" are BS because for every tree cut down 10 are planted in its place! Because the frikin tree planters are going to plant more trees than they had originally! (yes i repeated myself!)

and btw: global warming is a myth. If your listening toAL GORE then u should probably go rethink your life...over the past couple years the earth's temperature has gone down, and in the 80's everyone fell into the myth of "global cooling"!! Cuz they were all right back then too...

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

Somehow i remembered that a tree needs about 10years before it can be cut down and be used for papers.
i think it came from my teacher..

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

wow,if global warming is a myth,i don't see why organisation are planting so much trees and scientist working so hard and debating that they are true,truth is there's no smoke without a fire,people dun do such things unless they have reason,and i dun think it's an worldwide fraud

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Ok last time i checked the greenhouse effect was from over emissions from cars, not from deforestation.

Also, when trees are cut down, there are special companies that come in and replant them. Also, if you have Google Earth, go and take a look at major forests (especially the Amazon). There are very, very, verrrry few spots were it is visible that trees were cut down. In fact, almost everywhere you can not even tell that trees are down. And that is at the huge amount of trees we are cutting down. So don't worry about us running out of trees, and also don't try connect deforestation with the greenhouse effect, because, believe me it's not working out so well.

TREES DO NOT AFFECT THE OZONE LAYER. Ok listen to me, for trees to cleanse the air there needs to be a large amount of trees. But if there is not a lot of emissions, "they don't care". Also, were there are a lot of emissions is in the cities were there are few trees so there is no cleansing, and out in the country were all the trees are, there are very few cars so there is no cleansing happening because the amount of emissions are very minute. Also, most emissions go way up high, into the ozone layer. So trees can not really cleanse up there anyways, unless they were reeeeeeeeeeLY, reeeeeeeeeealy, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy tall.

BTW: Everyone knows that the green house effect warms the Earth. It' s called the greenhouse effect for a reason, greenhouses trap heat, the emissions act as a greenhouse therefore heating up the Earth. Duh

PS: I am saying this all hypothetically, i don't believe any of this Global Warming nonsense.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Ok last time i checked the greenhouse effect was from over emissions from cars, not from deforestation.

It takes about 200 cars running for a week to match one hour of lawn mowing.

Meaning cars have lots of filters.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

i think it came from my teacher..

DO NOT EVER BELIEVE YOUR TEACHERS ON THIS ISSUE
sorry for all caps but i want to get my point clear.
the government has become wrapped up in this myth so they commanded for it to be taught in schools for our education. Right now and ever since Dubya was in 2nd term Democrats controlled congress/legislative branch w.e.
so they ordered for this to be taught in the pollution group of science studies.
So far all of my old teachers were Democrats who believed in Global Warming scam.

It's amazing how one scam can turn the whole United States into chaos.
shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

i was talking bout how much a tree can produce paper.

why are u so paranoid on global warming,i think the "scam" got into you.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

im just excited on proving people wrong

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

this whole conversation is rediculous, first off some of you need to learn how to use at least a little bit of grammer if you want people to take you seriously, but really global warming is supposed to be some kind of proven fact, and the fact that half of the ice in the north is gone is not disproving it, but I actually had to learn about this stuff,not from teachers themselves but in a high school debate, now the ironic part is both sides ended up using the same argument against each other, that the earth producing green house gases on it own like methane and such were slowly causing global warming on their own, but all humans did was speed up the process, so really if global warming isn't a myth it wouldn't make a difference we would just be delaying the inevitable.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

ok sorry about the double post people but what I meant by delaying the inevitable was that if we were too take action against it it wouldn't make much difference in the long run, and I made a few other typos but most of them are not really important.

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

I agree with Graham and think that global warming is a myth.

Al Gore came up with the idea of global warming.

Did you also know that Al Gore claimed to have invented the internet you're using right now?

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Innocent trees? just the other day one fell on my friends dads car! Earlier today a giant branch fell in my yard and i had to get it off. Every fall the trees liter they're ugly brown leaves on to my yard, and guess who has to get it off?

But now to get serious, the earths not too hot for people, its the polar bears who are having trouble.

Paper, the holder of knowledge, the foundation of creativity, the killer of trees. i think we should stop destroying all the rain forest to get this precious item. Maybe make a giant tree farm and not destroy the natural habitats, maybe recycle more to reuse it. whatever it is, paper needs to stay.

Global warming is not a myth. It's a fact of life. it's completely natural occurrence that has been happening for millions of years. The Earth cycles through warmings and coolings. The weaker species died from these. The ice age critters died out when the earth warmed up. Now it's warming up even more, faster due to our pollution. Hell the polar bears didn't stand a chance, we just sped things up. The problem nowadays is that most us Humans think that we can't let a single species die out. I feel the same if we are over hunting or something, but things like this is inevitable. And if you guys think that the cooler summers and winters is a sign that its not happening then- wait a second, i think i smell BS here! i haven't had a snowy Christmas here in New York for more then five years, its been snowing less, i think we had only two days of snow this year, when back when i was in elementary school the snow stayed for weeks! The summers have been hotter then ever as well! I dont know what you guys are even talking about!

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

@skull
please read posts in here before you go on about polar bears....
and not every year is the same in kansas we almost had to go into june with snow this year

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

Why not make paper from hemp? You can grow fields of it in just months! The Declaration of Independence is written on hemp paper...
I don't know what to think of global warming. Neither side has concrete proof to sway me one way or another.

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

please read posts in here before you go on about polar bears....

no one said anything about polar bears. and also that was not a major
point of my post, the message was that we sped it up.

well burning trees effects it. Though thats the only thing i can really say, i think the OP was wrong in the connection between trees and global warming. Its affecting natural habitats for many animals however.
Showing 31-45 of 87