ForumsWEPRPaper,the innocent trees.global warming,the earth's too hot for people

87 14945
shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

Like my other topic,on plastic,
Paper,that comes from innocent trees
human,the destroyer and greedy race.
earth,the hot.

The decrease in trees is caused by deforestation,
results in the greenhouse effect,global warming.
many does not believe in global warming.
But,even when i was 10,i knew the importance of trees.
the importance of converting carbon dioxide to oxygen.

greenhouse effect DOES warm up the earth.

"Scientists have concluded that human activities are contributing to global warming by adding large amounts of heat-trapping gases to the atmosphere. Our fossil fuel use is the main source of these gases. Every time we drive a car, use electricity from coal-fired power plants, or heat our homes with oil or natural gas, we release carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping gases into the air. The second most important source of greenhouse gases is deforestation, mainly in the tropics, and other land-use changes."
credit:

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/science/global-warming-faq.html#1

Papers come from trees right?everybody knows that,but how long does a tree need to grow for a stack of foolscape?

• 87 Replies
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

@skull read second post.....

First off, sorry for my late reply, and second off, I read that, but I don't feel it changes anything. The Polar bears are still suffering in at least that one area. In the beginning of WW2 when Hitler invaded Poland and the other countries weren't attacked yet, does that mean that Hitler wasn't a problem?

@SuperzMcshort

Are you trying to say that you believe in Global Warming, just you don't like the name? How about we call it Global Temperature Rising, or Climate Change in a Global Scale? Or is it that you just disagree with the hype around it?
Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

@SuperzMcShort

P.S. whoever is was that keep saying "survival of the fittest" and has obviously never read On The Origin of the Species or done any study about evolution. Please shut up.

All the study you need to do about evolution is one simple experiment to prove if it is correct or not.

You need a cat, a fishbowl of water, and Darwin's book of Evolution.

Take the cat and shove it in the fishbowl of water and hold Darwin's book o' Evolution over it and if the cat grows gills and fins then Evolution is real!

P.S. I tried it. It didn't work.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

ninjacube pls enough with the strange and slightly disturbing comments, although in my oppinion evolution seems like a load of bull, but the people who believe in it probably think the same thing about religion.anyways I think I covered everything else about this topic in a previous post a couple days ago or something like that.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@Ninjacube
- Clearly you haven't actually read On the Origin of Species, evolution is a progressive change in species over time, not an individual of the species, but the entire species over very long periods. Certain genes being more favorable to a population of species will slowly become more prevalent. Here is a classic example, in 1700's southern England there were many white trees. The peppered moth relied on the trees for shelter and accordingly 95% of them were camouflaged to look like the trees (white), the other 5% were of a darker variant (grey). Then came the industrial revolution, the local coal-burning caused the white trees to darken. As it was now easier for the dark moths to remain camouflaged and thus uneaten, the moth population rapidly changed and became 10% white, and 90% of the grey shade. After a while stricter controls came in place, there was less soot released by the factories so the trees became light colored again, as it was easier for light colored moths to be camouflaged and thus avoid being eaten, more survived to pass down their genes. Inversely, it was harder for dark moths to survive and pass on their allelles (variant of a gene), so the population once again went to being almost entirely white with only a few grey moths.
Fun fact: Cats, humans, along with all chordate, except a few lower order ones, exhibit gills at the embryonic stage. (see the little hole underneath the eye in the image)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/53/9-Week_Human_Embryo_from_Ectopic_Pregnancy.jpg/400px-9-Week_Human_Embryo_from_Ectopic_Pregnancy.jpg

This is clear evidence of evolution. If humans or cats or elephants or any other mammal, reptile, amphibian, bird did not come from fish why would we have gills. (Don't make up something stupid, like it gets its O2 in the womb from them, it gets the oxygen from the umbilical cord)
Finally, that is one sadistic experiment.

@crimson-
Let me tell you something, religion is man made. The earth has been around for 4.6 billion years (that is known from Uranium-238 dating, don't try "radioactive dating is inaccurate", atomic clocks after one million years should only be off by about a billionth of a second) the first religion, aboriginal dream-time started around 50,000 years ago (which conflicts with the Bible's date of the Earth beginning in 5000 B.C.E.).

I am not sure how this topic came from global warming to evolution =P

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Yea, not to say that the embryo is....nice...but this topic has really got of topic. We are on evolution which has nothing to do with tempurture or global warming, unless it's like tempurture evolution, which this is not(I don't even think tempurture evolution exists) So yea back on the topic at hand.

Now I'm going to see that embryo in my head all day....

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

....the embryo looks like a reptile..

nvm.back to the topic.
Evolution happens gradually over times,
humans evolved from homo sapiens,but not over a minute
like pressing a red button and thenc ahnging to human,that's wat ninja cube was suggesting.

if ur experiment works,we dun have news seeing people dying from getting drowned ANDpigs can fly because of evolution overnight.

the first fish swan in the seas about 500million years ago,none of them had jaws or fin,but now?fishes everywhere have fins AND jaws.

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

i meant the current discussion*not topic

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

maybe this could revive the thread.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, I heard of Coast to Coast about a school of sulfur-based fish in a lake in Japan. Maybe they would survive global warming...

windshift
windshift
320 posts
Nomad

Give me one piece of complete evidence that it is us that is doing all this heating up and I'll believe you

But so far it's been a pile of idiots just coming up with stuff..Yes carbon is creating a blanket and is keeping in heat BUT if you haven't noticed we have about 40 years till our oil runs out..

And even before that it'll become too expensive so no we'll eventually start dying because of starvation/wars and economic collapse

So instead of bloody worrying about something you are half sure of...How about bloody focusing what happens when we DONT have the stuff that makes the earth sick

For me a sick earth is better than a wiped out race..

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

During the last 100 years cosmic rays became scarcer because unusually vigorous action by the Sun batted away many of them. Fewer cosmic rays meant fewer clouds--and a warmer world

Henrik Svensmark

The temperature of the world has always gone from high to low and back again. Just like the poles shifting and so on. Every species mark the world, but the planet always repair itself. It takes 20-40 years for nature to conquer a city left by human.
And besides that, if it was not for global warming, we would suffer from a new ice age.
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, it seems to be one or the other. We're either going to freeze to death or burn up...

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

If we run out of oil nothing will happen. Who is going to die? And who is going to freeze? Nobody. Do you burn oil to eat and to stay warm? No, I have never seen a barrel of oil. The only things we use oil for are transportation and shipping. There are alternatives for those already. We don't need oil. Oil is such a primitive, inefficient means of using energy. We have the technology and can replace all of our gas guzzlers with electric motors. There is no problem doing that. If we ran out of oil, do you think people stop and say "oh well no we're done" and go off and starve?? No, they would swap out motors. no problem. There are already many companies working on electric vehicles. such as GM, Tesla, and Phoenix. http://www.phoenixmotorcars.com/

We could replace all postal cars, and all government vehicles with electric ones. This would save us so much money.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Didn't you know? We will be changing to wind energy from now on!!!

You'll have to install a sail on your car... =)

Venderman
Venderman
180 posts
Nomad

I guess I'm a little late to say this, but Earth's temperature works like a beating heart. It goes up and down, sometimes completely freezing over, other times boiling the waters. Yes we're causing some trouble with the ecosystems, but who gives a damn. It fixes itself, it always does.

Showing 61-75 of 87