ForumsSupport ForumTwo Comment Boxes

91 14518
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I suggest two comment boxes and this is why:

An easier way to see merits! With this second comment box in every game, there will be a separate section from regular comments given everyday, and the reviews where people work hard to receive merits on. AP would be the same (I guess) and those that accidentally post in the wrong box would just be set aside.

Reasons Why: This may sound a little selfish, but users post reviews that are indeed merit worthy, but there are comments posted by users that drag the review down, so it doesn't get voted up. And even if it does get voted up, the moderators aren't going to fish through so many pages of comments to find a review in one of a thousand games on AG, even if they try their best, which is why I came up with this suggestion.

Where it will be set in: Right under the description of course! There is PLENTY of room to add another dinky comment box for reviews only, so there shouldn't be any worry about it. Submitted games should only have a brief summary and a controls key on the description anyways. It would be to the left of the 1st box, and it would say &quotost this review", instead of &quotost this reply", while the comment time limit is still in effect. There will be a link to have the total reviews listed, as there already is for regular comments, right under the 2nd comments box.

Cons:
Uhm, I can only think of one, and that would be that users would accidentally post in the wrong box, which is why I also suggested to give the same amount of AP. Other than that, that's all I got at the moment.

So you see, this would be a great addition to the game comments, and it would be so much simpler to give a review! It wouldn't even need to get voted up, since it's RIGHT THERE in the comments. So what do you say AG users? Yay, or Nay?

• 91 Replies
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

The second box wouldn't exactly help that....but you should just tell a mod about that if you haven't already btw.

Some people just don't get it -_-

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

What if people spam up the merit box?

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I totally agree with this idea, and I would be happy to see it go into use!

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

What if people spam up the merit box?

It would be deleted just like the same ol' comments
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

A little bit of extra work, no?

blackrabbit
blackrabbit
252 posts
Nomad

i think this is a great idea. if you set up both boxes so when you type in one than they both have &quotost is 30 seconds", than you can't spam both at the same time, and making the review box 0ap would help, because if it is merit worthy than you get 15ap for it, so there is no point in spamming it at all.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

A little bit of extra work, no?

If you think about it, it's not technically extra work when one user just comments in one box, then moves to another box of a different game...It would just be in the wrong box, and moderators would delete them swiftly.
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

That would be cool I guess, but people might not know the difference and post in both but otherwise I like the idea.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Yay. nuff said...

well not really.

I think it's an awesome idea! I had a thought, what if for the review box comments have to be a certain length? It would make sure the spam would stay in one of the boxes... the one that can easily be sifted through.

I would love to see this put into action.

Helping the armor agmes community will be helped! I think that was the worst sentence in the history of English

Sodas
Sodas
313 posts
Nomad

I really like this idea.... although it might be hard to get here.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think if we use both boxes people won't be dumb enough to put spam in there.If we make it 0 AP then that will be much better don't you'll think?If they plagiarized or spam on the review box, well it's most certain that they ill be found and deleted.

And again sorry for repeating myself,I think this idea is very solid and not that much coding will be needed.

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

Um i must say that this is a good idea. I like it alot, and it would help give out merits, and surely help the maker of the game see what was good and wat was bad. Of course thats why merits are given out right? because your helping out the game designer. Anyways maybe if they put like underneath the merit one in like small italicized letters:
worthy of a merit?
That way it could help people figure out which ones for merits, and which one isn't. As for spammers. You get 0 Ap until mod checks it. Then he/she awards those who did give a worthy merit comment a merit.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

This is a fairly good idea. I like the concept.

Are you saying that there would be a comment box that only moderators could see? To give a merit to?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Are you saying that there would be a comment box that only moderators could see? To give a merit to?

This would be the box where users will give their reviews. Taking a couple days off from my birthday, I checked back and the issue came with "the boxes would look the same". This can easily be fixed, like, I don't know, make the review box greyish-black, with a darker shade around the background. Other than that, it's pretty straightforward where to comment and where to post a review. I mean, we've had the first one in the exact same spot for nearly a year, and the only people that would have trouble with such a thing would be the occasional new users. Hopefully having a 0AP rule on the review box would keep the spammers from bugging it. If not, then the moderators will know what do to. After all, they comment in a review box, they are going to be seen easily.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

This is what we need,spam is at a new-peak these days and mods would have to waste time going through many many pages,and many merity comments of users i see dont get the merit because everyone posts:
ok
gg
like it
HORRIBLE!
?
i like pie
this game sucked.
and eventually it repeats and the merity comment gets pushed to page 2 in less than 2 days without a merit,one time mine got pushed back until page..20 something then i finally got the merit.

Showing 46-60 of 91