ForumsSupport ForumTwo Comment Boxes

91 14517
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I suggest two comment boxes and this is why:

An easier way to see merits! With this second comment box in every game, there will be a separate section from regular comments given everyday, and the reviews where people work hard to receive merits on. AP would be the same (I guess) and those that accidentally post in the wrong box would just be set aside.

Reasons Why: This may sound a little selfish, but users post reviews that are indeed merit worthy, but there are comments posted by users that drag the review down, so it doesn't get voted up. And even if it does get voted up, the moderators aren't going to fish through so many pages of comments to find a review in one of a thousand games on AG, even if they try their best, which is why I came up with this suggestion.

Where it will be set in: Right under the description of course! There is PLENTY of room to add another dinky comment box for reviews only, so there shouldn't be any worry about it. Submitted games should only have a brief summary and a controls key on the description anyways. It would be to the left of the 1st box, and it would say &quotost this review", instead of &quotost this reply", while the comment time limit is still in effect. There will be a link to have the total reviews listed, as there already is for regular comments, right under the 2nd comments box.

Cons:
Uhm, I can only think of one, and that would be that users would accidentally post in the wrong box, which is why I also suggested to give the same amount of AP. Other than that, that's all I got at the moment.

So you see, this would be a great addition to the game comments, and it would be so much simpler to give a review! It wouldn't even need to get voted up, since it's RIGHT THERE in the comments. So what do you say AG users? Yay, or Nay?

• 91 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Review Box:
Hi.
Can I Have A Merit?

Hello do you thin they'll get one?Mods will just delete it and done.Spam is then more easier to delete.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Uhm... These two crossed each other out. And having this 2nd comment box would slash the time and effort by a large fraction, this is what I'm trying to get across here..

Blame English for having one word for freedom, one word for love.

It would not shave much time it takes to check off if they were to check.
They would check if they had time to check and they would check all of whatever game they choose regardless of the time it takes to check, stopping when they feel like it.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Yet another pro to add? Cracking down on the spammers by a smidgen? Maybe that too. What else....

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Or am I being a little too naive?

Just don't set your expectations too high.

Well I don't think too many people will abuse it if it's 0 AP, if they do, then they would've done it to anything, they just had to spam something. Although heck, you might as well make it a survey(1. Music 1-10? 2. Gameplay 1-10? ect.) but then people can still spam it =]
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

There's not really a definite way to crack down on spamming, I mean you can't stop it, all you can do is delete it. We already have spammers. So what does it matter that we have two comment boxes?

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Hello do you thin they'll get one?Mods will just delete it and done.Spam is then more easier to delete.

Wait what? That was an example because that's what they were worried about >.<
We already have spammers.

Shhhhh! They don't know we know about their existence! Don't give away our secrets =[
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Shhhhh! They don't know we know about their existence! Don't give away our secrets

What? Are you being sarcastic?
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Let's keep this thread moving guys. Come on, what other cons can you point out that hasn't been shot down? I'm certain a moderator will find this useful.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Shhhhh! They don't know we know about their existence! Don't give away our secrets[/sarcasm]

Yes, I was >.<
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Oh, sorry if I sounded dumb.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Oh, sorry if I sounded dumb.

NO. You were just another person who could not read my mind and added yet another EPIC fail to my forum-sarcasm.[/offtopic]

So is that all bout the idea here o.O.....
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Yeah.. For this idea to come into play, we need this to be checked by Carlie and/or a moderator.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

honestly, people would just post in the other box. There'd be no point.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

People who would want their reviews to be checked much faster yes. There is a point, but you didn't support your argument with a reason.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Now i want this box more now!A user just copied my comment!If we had 2 boxes mods would delete the copied one!

Showing 31-45 of 91