ForumsWEPRWhy Do Christians Tell Some Of Us We Are Going To Hell? [necro]

60 12028
LEAPretard
LEAPretard
1,328 posts
Nomad

I mean come on, I my self am a "Scientist" and I am obsessed with Space. But what nags me is that I am told I go to hell if I don't follow the bible? But wait.. I don't beleive in a god so I dont believe in hell. So.. why bother?

• 60 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i dont think they believe in it because of that. they can also just say that god caused those things to happen and thats it. the reason for believing is more complicated. why would they believe in the miracles? they werent there and dont know if it happened. that is not the reason

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

some say it because they believe in it.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

yes. those who "warn" people to convert make it seems as if they are just afraid from the god they believe in.

grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

yes. those who "warn" people to convert make it seems as if they are just afraid from the god they believe in.

I always asked myself: If such a god existed who tortures people for eternity simply because they don't believe in him, why should I worship him? To me he wouldn't be worth of worshipping.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

same thing with me. its one of the things i dont like about christianity or islam (i have nothing against those who do of course)

uselessnoob
uselessnoob
154 posts
Nomad

Honestly, I can't remember the last time someone told me I was going to hell. Do people actually go around telling others that they are going to hell? Does this actually happen? I think I could have fun with someone telling me to my face that I am going to hell.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Do people actually go around telling others that they are going to hell? Does this actually happen?

happend to me a few times because people disagree whit my point of view. except for trying to talk me over they only shouted that i will die and go to hell etc. it's funny to see some of them get so pissed about nothing realy xD
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Lasers already exist, therefore that is an example of postdiction.

i meant more advanced forms of them (I.E. lazor gun) i just took something that exists and say it'll be better
angrymuffin
angrymuffin
17 posts
Nomad

some of them are etenjelcal christians

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Do people actually go around telling others that they are going to hell?

lol not long ago there was a thread that was kindly made just to warn us all .

google "armorgames dont underestimate hell"

i liked my comments there XP
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

From Your Friendly Neighborhood Satanist, they do it to get you into their religion. The Catholic Church is based around fear-mongering and money-grubbing. It dates back to when it was the national religion of the Roman Empire, where fear and the belief that "Emperor = God" fueled the Empire, making it last for another 400-odd years after Christ was born.

However, not all Christians are like this. When the Holy Roman Empire (A collection of German and Italian states united by Christianity) started selling, essentially "Get Into Heaven" Cards, a man by the name of Martin Luther, a holy man himself, started going against the Church. His teachings eventually became the Protestant religions, the dominant religion in the UK and its previously owned territories (including the USA). If the Catholic mindset was "Pope = God, Money to Pope = God's good books", then the Protestant was "Belief in Christianity as told by the Bible = Heaven"

The Protestants believed that the Bible, a collection of teachings from Jesus by his Followers, was essentially the manual of Christianity. This necessity of a book to get into Heaven meant increased education for all, enabling an unseen thing in the Catholic Church, female pastors/ministers.

However, the two religions alongside the other religions split off from the original monotheistic religion (Judaism) all state one thing, accepting something as better than you will make you Saved.

Bah. This is why I'm a Satanist, one simply has to live and enjoy life, and accept that, because they endured the hardships of living and dying, they are automatically Saved. This is Satanism, some take it a bit more Theistically (they see Satan as a God-like entity, I'm one of these) or Atheistically (They see the black and white format above and take it for what it is, w/o any Divines in their way)

Well, there's Christianity 101 for ya.

-Chillz

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

The runaround setup of the Catholic Church for when they can't explain things is astounding.

Don't understand something?
Step 1: Ask your pastor.
[Response]Pastor says "It's a mystery of God," instead of idk.
[Choice]continue? or sit down and shut up?
If you chose continue...
Step 3: Ask why it's a mystery.
[Response]Pastor says "Because God is better than us on an incomprehendable level."
[Choice]continue? or sit down and shut up?
If you chose continue...
Step 5: Ask how you can learn about God if He's completely a mystery.
[Response]Pastor says "You can't because He's incomprehensible."
[Choice]Show Wiki's comprehendable simple english version? or sit down and shut up?
If you chose show wiki...
[Response]Pastor says "That site is an invention of the devil to confuse you."
Step 6: Ask "How can it confuse me if there's no other explanation on the table? There's nothing to contradict it because it's unknown."
[Response]Pastor says "Because it's my job to confuse you, now go sit down."
Still don't understand? Repeat from step 1 until you're thrown out for undermining the church.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Still don't understand? Repeat from step 1 until you're thrown out for undermining the church.

Continue to ask people of other denominations, doing research online, and even asking skeptics.
RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
530 posts
Nomad

im a christian.. and im sorry that somebody told you that I guess that person was trying to tell you that you should believe in God or else. but they said it in a totally wrong way

Showing 46-59 of 60