ForumsWEPRWhy Do Christians Tell Some Of Us We Are Going To Hell? [necro]

60 12112
LEAPretard
LEAPretard
1,328 posts
Nomad

I mean come on, I my self am a "Scientist" and I am obsessed with Space. But what nags me is that I am told I go to hell if I don't follow the bible? But wait.. I don't beleive in a god so I dont believe in hell. So.. why bother?

• 60 Replies
uselessnoob
uselessnoob
154 posts
Nomad

Has anyone else noticed the way christian was spelled?

Must be a devout theist if my earlier assertion was correct.
frisko12
frisko12
420 posts
Nomad

Yep.
There's a 300 page debate on Christianity and how true it may actually be. Can you at least give us proof, that does not include:
Biblical textures
Single (or a very small) eye-witness testimonies
Explainable "miracles"
And etc.
yes I can,now you said no biblical proof but im going to show you one prophecy that you cant refuse,proving my point.
nahum 2:4-the chariots shall rage in the streetsthey shall justle against one anotherin the broad ways. they
will seem like torchesthey shal run like lighting.
dosent that sound like cars? now take to mind that this was
written about 4thousand years ago!
And thats just one.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Yay, they predicted the human nature to invent things to make life easier. Of course we would make cars, I mean, try contemplating walking everywhere.

uselessnoob
uselessnoob
154 posts
Nomad

I don't think they predicted cars, but rather observed chariots. In fact this could be deemed to be a failed prophecy as no one drives a chariot anymore. Whoever wrote this believed that we would never advance past chariots. The invention of the stirrup pretty much made chariots obsolete around the 4th century BC. Maybe this predicted the 6th century chariot races in Constantinople.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Whoever wrote this believed that we would never advance past chariots.

or maybe the word car didnt exist then and thats the closest word he could use?

besides i wouldnt take that as proof. im sure there are many prophecies that never happened and are just ignored. this one would be ignored as well if it wouldnt happen. and as forger said. humans always change and make life easier (for us at least XP) so its an obvious prophecy. anyone could make a prophecy like that.
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

yes I can,now you said no biblical proof but im going to show you one prophecy that you cant refuse,proving my point.
nahum 2:4-the chariots shall rage in the streetsthey shall justle against one anotherin the broad ways. they
will seem like torchesthey shal run like lighting. dosent that sound like cars? now take to mind that this was
written about 4thousand years ago!
And thats just one.

ok, i'll make a Prophecy

I predict in the future, there shall be LASERS!

do get a pin, or does the whole messiah thing go on my record or something?
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

The bible has roughly a thousand pages in it, I think in a thousand pages of scripture, it's quite safe to assume that they'd get one prediction right.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

its also written in the way that you could translate it in manny different ways and meanings.

sprooschicken
sprooschicken
1,147 posts
Nomad

Why are you even saying this predication is right? It isn't. Its not wrong, but then nor are most prophecies because they are designed to be ambiguous, they are as vague as possible so people can relate thm to almost any event.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Explainable "miracles"

I watched a show on either National Geographic or the History Channel about a year ago where they explained how the plagues could've happened. The "first born child dies" plague may have been caused by a deadly type of mold spore that hangs low to the ground, because it was considered respectful tradition to have the first born's bed the lowest in the house. The higher your bed was, the less important of a child you were or something. The &quotarting of the waters" may have been caused by a large subducting plate sucking the water away from that area for a while, then when it stopped the water flooded back in.

ok, i'll make a Prophecy
I predict in the future, there shall be LASERS!

Lasers already exist, therefore that is an example of postdiction.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

its interesting but i see no reason to try and explain the bible with science... even if you can prove that somethings that are considered miracles could happen its still pointless

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

its interesting but i see no reason to try and explain the bible with science... even if you can prove that somethings that are considered miracles could happen its still pointless

Why is it pointless? We can know that things that were considered powerful acts of god were just odd natural happenings due to our better understanding of why stuff happens. It's better than saying "yeah right, that couldn't happen" or "only divine influence could make that happen".
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Ah I think I see what you meant. People will say that God still caused those natural events anyway. Like if a guy in Hawaii believed that spirits caused a volcano to erupt, you could tell him why volcanoes erupt scientifically, but he'd still say that the spirits wanted it to happen.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

also. and the bible isnt just one event. there are many other events that cant be explained. as long as there is one event like that its pointless because it wont prove if god exists or doesnt. not to mention there are encounters of angels and conversaions with god if im not wrong

uselessnoob
uselessnoob
154 posts
Nomad

"If you look at why people actually believe in their religion...It's because of miracles. It's because Jesus healed the sick, and Jesus raised the dead, and the Virgin Birth, and all that stuff, which is absolutely flat scientific theory. It's erroneous scientific theory. It's making scientific claims and that's what impresses people." DAWKINS 2010

So take away all the miracles from religion, and what's left?

Showing 31-45 of 60